GR
MESSAGE COMMUNITY COUNCIL ENTERPRISES CONTACT US ANNOUNCEMENTS
3D TOUR
VIDEO
 

Church of Zoodochos Pigis (Life-giving Spring)

The main church of the community is dedicated to Zoodochos Pigi. It was built towards the end of the 19th century, in between the years 1888-1890, on the foundations of an older church.

In 1953, a part of the church was destroyed by the powerful earthquake that struck Paphos. In 1956, the church was rebuilt and was lengthened about 20 feet on the west side.

The church of Zoodochos Pigi is a church painted fully in white, of Byzantine type, which forms a multi-edge arc on the outside and a semi-circular arc on the inside. In the middle of the church there is a dome. The inside of the church is adorned by a wooden-carved iconostasis created in 1908. Awe is caused by the icon of the Holy Virgin Mary.

Our church celebrates the holly day of Zoodochos Pigi on the sixth day of Easter.

PHOTO GALLERY
Footer
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Services Ltd.
No images, text or other material whatsoever from this website may be copied, published, re-produced or otherwise used without the written permission of NETinfo Services Ltd.